Sunday, January 1, 2012

I want to become a nurse anesthetist.. help?

I am a senior in high school and I am 18. I have taken life science, biology, and physics.This year I am taking anatomy/physiology at my school and next semester I am taking "Medical Nursing Careers Internship" it is an ROP and we will be interning at a hospital. I could also take "Medical Terminology" ROP, but it is on the same days as the internship and it is an hour after the other one ends.. I might be too exhausted and I may get overwhelmed, has anyone taken these? Advice please if you have any :) Also, I was supposed to have 2 other medical related ROPs this year, but they were already full. I will be going to community college next year and I plan to take all the prerequisites to get into the nursing program at community college the following year. The prerequisites are: Bio 170 Anatomy, Bio 175 Human Physiology, Bio 210 General Microbiology, and English 100. Will I be able to take all of those in one semester? Or will it be too overwhelming? After community college I want to transfer to a UC, but I am not sure where to go.. With the community college I will be going to, I will automatically be accepted into 7 schools which include: UC Irvine (Closest to where I live), UC San Diego, UC Davis, UCLA (close, but not as close), UC Mersed, UC Riverside (and hour away), and UC Santa Barbara. Which schools have the best nursing program? Has anyone gone through these schools? Also, after becoming an RN, how do I go about becoming specialized in anesthetics? What are some things I could do to make myself stand out, rather than to just be another person who wants to be a nurse.. this is my pion and I know for a fact that this is what I want to do. I have been planning my life around this. If you have any advice, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, -Malori.

No comments:

Post a Comment