Saturday, January 7, 2012

Can one evict a disabled elderly father from your house?

First thing I would do, is disown him! After all you did for him, this is the way he repays you by kicking you out onto the streets! You are definately not Jewish, cos they revere the elderly! But there's something in your story, you say because of the housing market, he plans on renting the place! Where is HE going to live if he does that!?? Don't tell me about SS! I'm on it too! If I should die, my husband couldn't afford to keep the house we are living in!! Fortunately, I have four great kids, any one of them would take him in! LOL! Sorry, but I would dig my heels into his , and not the house!! There are places where they can give you advise on this subject. One, you are disabled and on a fixed income, if you gave your son money in order to buy the house, a downpayment, you probably gave him a check. When you buy a house, at least they did us, ask you where the money came from if they see a large amount of money being deposited in the checking account! The check should be proof enough to show you do have some interest in the house!!! First off, I would ask the son to repay you that amount if he still wants to play his silly game with you!! OR! tell him, if you don't have the money to repay me, whatever sum it was you gave him, divide the rent he is asking you to pay into the sum, and see how months you can live in the place! THEN, having done that, take your time getting back into the Section 8 system!! Two can play games my friend!! Stand your ground and don't let this "kid" get the better of you! We may be old, but we are definatelt NOT stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment